Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

Become a Forum Friend and get extra permissions and DISCOUNTS from our sponsors!
plus many extra forum privileges (like 'edit post', avatars and signatures)

Author Topic: Steel Guitar Conventions  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Arnold Ziffle

• Total Badges: 23
    Badges: (View All)
    Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Super Combination
Steel Guitar Conventions
« on: Jun 12, 2005, 04:14:39 AM »
There are numerous steel guitar conventions/shows popping up around the country. Most of them use a fiddle player in the staff backup band. If any fiddlers want to attend a relatively inexpensive weekend listening and conversing with many of the worlds best steel players and sidemen, come to the International Steel Guitar Convention in St Louis on Labor Day weekend each year. The staff band always has one of the finest fiddle players in Nashville playing through the weekend. Rob Hajacos(sp) has been a regular for the past several years. Many countries are represented by great steel players and sidemen and sidewomen.
The convention is held at the Marriot Hotel next to the St Louis Arch. Lots of shopping and tourist attractions. And one block from Busch Stadium.
This was the event that inspired "dalebygod" to start the Fiddle Hell conventions. And Dale thoroughly enjoyed the International Steel Guitar Convention every year. I still have his name tag from last year which requires your resident state or country...Dale registered and wore the name tag:
Dale Hopkins
Toadsuck, Arkansas

Offline Alan Kroeger

• Senior Moderator
  • Someone with 5 blobs
  • Global Grinch

• Total Badges: 32
    Badges: (View All)
    Windows User Level 6 Invisible
Re: Steel Guitar Conventions
« Reply #1 on: Jun 13, 2005, 02:17:13 AM »
Man I wish you had a digital camera Den I would love to put up a picture of that badge just to make sure folks remembered Dale had a wild arsed sense of humor...
Become a Forum Friend and get DISCOUNTS from our advertisers!
plus extra editing and avatar privileges.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal