Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

Become a Forum Friend and get extra permissions and DISCOUNTS from our sponsors!
plus many extra forum privileges (like 'edit post', avatars and signatures)

Author Topic: cases?  (Read 6523 times)

marton

Re: cases?
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 05:44:09 AM »
Always liked Hiscox cases, very tough. I took my viola to Africa with me last year - no problems whatsoever. 

Offline fidlpat

• Total Badges: 9
    Badges: (View All)
    10 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #26 on: Sep 22, 2018, 06:07:54 PM »
Bobelock. Have had a 1002  since 1996 or 97, and have a new half moon puffy, too. I took the old one to France twice, Ireland once, and to Nova Scotia(and Cape Breton), as well as to Kentucky, and Florida, and playing all over Louisiana,,, and it's still going strong. Changed the cover once.

For the money, I think they are great!!! Built like tanks,,,yet not overheavy, for a wood case. Is not one of those ultralight foam, or foam/part wood jobbies,,,

The new Bobelock 1002 will probably have more allowances, straps, etc. for a shoulder rest. I get my Kun (Super) in mine and it stays put pretty well, under the neck,(I wrap it in a polish cloth) though being a much older model, has no strap. The puffy half moon does have a shoulder rest strap,,,being a much newer design. Now, just need a 2nd fiddle so I can use it too.

Not sure about a Bonmusica,,,never been close enough to see how much it could be folded/collapsed down. Looking at maybe a Fiddlerman wood(is collapsible, might just fit in the accesories compartment), or a Mach I M07,,,but they are both much closer to the Kun in size. Sometimes I just don't use one, though I tend to keep it handy.

Offline Joe Gerardi

• Global Moderator
  • Someone with 5 blobs
  • I *bothered* to edit my profile... :-)

• Total Badges: 32
    Apple User Level 6 Tenth year Anniversary
« Reply #27 on: Sep 22, 2018, 10:22:42 PM »
Kentucky was the only place you mentioned that's dangerous! 
;D

..Joe
"Some people are like a Slinky... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you shove them down the stairs"

Offline fidlpat

• Total Badges: 9
    10 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #28 on: Sep 23, 2018, 04:50:35 AM »
Berea, coolest place on earth. Loved it there.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal