Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

If you've forgotten your password or username, email madfiddler (link on the left of page).

Author Topic: Can you help me with these E-Violins? Hidersine HEV3 / Harley Benton HBV 990BEM  (Read 203 times)

Offline Sariel

• Total Badges: 4
    Badges: (View All)
    Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
Hey there. It is my first post here :3

I would like to get myself a Violin. Since I am going to study soon and I don't want to disturb anybody, I was considering getting myself an electric Violin, since it is quieter than an acoustic and I would like to have the option to be a bit more freely on trying different things/styles.
I was considering, getting the Bunnel EDGE, but I could not find any European store that would sell it. And the American Store doesn't ship to Europe (might also blow my budget of about 250euros :( ).

Since I'd like to play with a Bluetooth-transmitter (I don't like cables too much), it might be disturbing if the jack is on the rear of the violin. Therefore I came across the two Models mentioned above (which have their jack on the side):

Hidersine HEV3:
I could not find that much info on the HEV3 and Hidersine as a Violin brand. Do they make good instruments? Can anyone tell me from experience of that model? Do you know, what difference the body beeing Zebrawood laminate (top and back) might have?

Harley Benton HBV 990BEM:
Same here, if you have experience with the model or Brand, feel free to share :)
I am concerned with this instrument, because of its materials (for example the Fretboard is Birch). What do you think of it? I do also have kind of sweaty hands from time to time - might that cause the color of the Fretboard to rub off (not sure if this is the right expression ,:D)?

I would be very grateful if you could help me. And I appreciate any advices! =)

Edit: Do you also have experiences with Kinglos Violins?
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2020, 03:37:02 PM by Sariel »

Advertise Here

Offline aaldjul53

• Total Badges: 6
    Level 2 10 Posts One year Anniversary
Hiya Sariel,
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry, but I can't offer any violin advice.
However, I'm sure that once you do acquire one, (or more !), then you should be proud of your learning and trying different styles, and not feel as though you're going to disturb the whole neighborhood.
After all, surely the neighborhood doesn't sleep all the time !
You could make them aware, by going and asking, as I did. It's just a thought, though.
Anyhow, good luck with your future studies.
aaldjul53

Offline Sariel

• Total Badges: 4
    Topic Starter Level 1 First Post
Thank you for your words of encouragement, aaldjul  :)

I can't go to ask my neighbours, because I don't live at the dormitory yet and I would feel bad if I could disrupt anyone wanting to study or sleep late at night  ;D  ::)

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal