Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

If you've forgotten your password or username, email madfiddler (link on the left of page).

Author Topic: Mark Wood Viper - 6 string fretted electric violin  (Read 408 times)

Offline madfiddler

• Forum Owner
  • Someone with 5 blobs
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • madfiddler - Electric Violinist

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    Mobile User Level 7 5000 Posts
Mark Wood Viper - 6 string fretted electric violin
« on: Jun 21, 2020, 11:13:17 PM »
Mark Wood Viper - 6 string fretted electric violin with passive Barbera Twin Hybrid transducer pickup system, in a custom finish metallic speckled "madfiddler" purple colour - this was actually matched against the color of the beret I wore during those gigging days so is a one off colour.

For more information on the instrument, please look here - http://www.woodviolins.com/viper/

I've owned this instrument for what must be 18 years now, but I've only done a single gig with it back in 2003 as unfortunately I simply never found the time to learn how to play it properly - it does take a bit of time to get used to, which is a shame as it's the king of shred for us electric violinists. Because of the lack of playing, aside from some scratches to the arm of the chest support system from the metal chain, this is in mint showroom condition.

This comes with the additional hard case which retailed at $399, soft case $99, and a spare F string. The other strings will also need to be replaced due to their age.

I would recommend using this instrument with a pre-amp.

I'm selling this now as I simply need to downsize the amount of 'stuff' I own.

Condition is Used.

Dispatched by courier within 5 working days.

UK only.

No returns.

« Last Edit: Jun 24, 2020, 12:50:29 AM by madfiddler »
Become a Forum Friend and get DISCOUNTS from our advertisers!
plus extra membership privileges.

Offline madfiddler

• Forum Owner
  • Someone with 5 blobs
  • Flit Kills Moths
    • madfiddler - Electric Violinist

• Total Badges: 44
    Badges: (View All)
    Mobile User Level 7 5000 Posts
Re: Mark Wood Viper - 6 string fretted electric violin
« Reply #1 on: Jun 24, 2020, 12:06:48 AM »
I've decided to pull this from sale right now.

It's become quite apparent that I've undervalued the violin by quite some margin, indeed there is a year's waiting list for a new one... so I need to reflect on this. I have to do what's best for me financially, and as a self employed person I'm struggling at the moment... hence selling the instrument in the first place.

If anyone IS interested in the instrument, would you please register your interest here - worldwide - and give a reflection on what you would be prepared to pay. It looks like fully insured postage to the USA is around 400 and that does not include any customs import fees..... I'm not sure if there is a way around those or not.
Become a Forum Friend and get DISCOUNTS from our advertisers!
plus extra membership privileges.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal