Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

If you've forgotten your password or username, email madfiddler (link on the left of page).

Author Topic: Arcus Cadenza vs S7 - have any of you tried both?  (Read 590 times)

Offline zaivanbuijs

• Total Badges: 27
    Badges: (View All)
    Search Tenth year Anniversary Apple User
Arcus Cadenza vs S7 - have any of you tried both?
« on: Dec 06, 2018, 02:59:17 PM »
So I am trying both out at the moment. A new S7 and a used Cadenza bow by Arcus. I have about two weeks to try them both out so I'll be playing a lot and switching between the two. I'm only on day two, but I do notice differences. Some I imagine to be result from the hair on the Cadenza being played a fair bit already and the hair on the S7 not having seen much action yet. So perhaps after a couple more days the newness of the hair will wear off a little, and of course I'll get more accustomed to both bows so I'll most likely find more differences in their behaviour.

I read some old threads on the Arcus bows and heard from someone that the old series actually are better then the new series, and that made me wonder if anyone here has tried out both and what they think on how the two compare. Looking forward to any input. Back to the fiddle now and one of those Arcusses.

Feeling quite fortunate to be testing these bows out and being able to get the one I like best :)

Advertise Here

Offline fiddledeedee

• My site

• Total Badges: 33
    Badges: (View All)
    Webmaster Mobile User Level 6
Re: Arcus Cadenza vs S7 - have any of you tried both?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2019, 01:33:19 AM »
@zaivanbuijs - which one did you decide on?

I'm currently irunnig a trial on two JonPaul Carrera bows - one if the flexible model, the other is the firm model.  I don't know which is which yet (I had to call the JP office to find out how to tell.)  Tomorrow I'll retest for agility, and determine which one I like the best.
My violin can tell a difference in tone between the two - one doesn't do my violin any favors, the other has a great, focused tone.  With bow #2, fast passages have a much cleaner sound; I can clearly hear all the notes I'm playing.

I'm A / B ing the two bows against my Coda Bow GX and an older pernambuco WE Hill bow. So far the one Carrera bow is standing up to the competition. The Coda bow gets a very fat sound, but doesn't sound as clean.  I'm not sure how much the bow hair on the bows factor into the sound.
sheryl

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal