Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

Author Topic: kreddle fully addjustable chinrests.have you heard about theese?  (Read 6637 times)

Offline Teotocopoulos

• Total Badges: 17
    Badges: (View All)
    Poll Voter Level 4 Fourth year Anniversary
http://www.kreddle.com/

I think the website and marketing aproach is beautifully made, but the price is not visible unless you simulate buying one, checking it in the basket.... about 100$.   ??? 
a bit pricy for an all plastic thing.. and that kind of rest with almost the same kind of tweaking could be replaced with a SAS... for half the price. or, in my case, a quarter of the price if you find a chinese clone at eBay...

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2015, 01:50:23 PM by Teotocopoulos »

Offline Andelian

• Total Badges: 14
    Linux User Search Poll Voter
Re: kreddle fully addjustable chinrests.have you heard about theese?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2015, 02:10:40 PM »
Chinrests are already something very individualized and particular to a player, so I'm sure some would love it, and some wouldn't need it at all.
That being said, without trying it myself, the price seems a little much for something that could be called gimmicky. I'm willing to chalk my reaction up to the fact that I'm old fashioned, and clearly many masterful violinists have graced our world stages without it. And I'm the type of player/teacher that thinks "If I really don't need it, I don't want it on my instrument".
I do see it potentially being useful for ergonomical reasons, having suffered from nerve/neck injury myself. Maybe I'm showing my lack of high professional level training and bow technique, but I've never had issue with feeling I like I need to move my violin to fit/match/fix my bow stroke and angle, and I have long arms for my small size. In fact I was taught the opposite; the bow and bow arm does to the majority of adjusting with as little unnecessary interference and motion from the violin as possible. The website seems to make a big deal of this, so maybe I'm missing something and it's an issue for other players. But I can't help but feel that a high level player would have enough control of their tools of the trade to not need so much help?
That being said, I would be interested in hearing from those who have tried it. Maybe it's made enough of a difference for it to be worth the price. (By the way, that Chinese knockoff looks like a torture device and it's hard to tell from the pictures how its height adjusts, looks a lot more static).
Let us know if you try it. I'm always willing to be wrong in my initial impressions :)

~JH in NJ

Offline Teotocopoulos

« Reply #2 on: Jun 29, 2015, 02:45:18 PM »
oh, that is not my chinrest, just a pic of a SAS i grabbed from internet. Yes, it is high and static, but the final cofiguration is very similar to the kreddle chinrest. 

Offline matt7738

Fourth year Anniversary Level 4 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #3 on: Jul 01, 2015, 04:12:35 PM »
I'm tall and long, so I'm immediately intrigued.  If I played a violin with a chinrest, I'd probably be a customer.  I mostly play a Wood Viper, though, so...

Offline onlyme

• Total Badges: 24
    Tenth year Anniversary Nineth year Anniversary Eighth year Anniversary
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2015, 01:37:59 PM »
Problem is it wont fit into a violin case, means you have to take it off and put it back on again everytime.

Offline Teotocopoulos

« Reply #5 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:22:09 AM »
Problem is it wont fit into a violin case, means you have to take it off and put it back on again everytime.

Oh, well, you have to make your case FIT your violin.  :P  I use a high chinrest and made the case fit it.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal