Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

If you've forgotten your password or username, email madfiddler (link on the left of page).

Author Topic: what a difference a good fiddle makes. have you had this experience?  (Read 783 times)

Offline kjbllc

• Total Badges: 28
    Badges: (View All)
    Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Nineth year Anniversary
ok a little history, I started playing ( half assed) in the 70's , picked it up and put it down with years in between, started practicing seriously about 3 years ago. Started making in 79 , again on and off, till about 4 years ago and started taking classes.

ok so through all this I have listened to a lot of fiddles, including very good ones. I never really got the difference in sound until yesterday. I could tell the sound was much better but nothing that really smacked me in the face.

now this is with new strings , just out of the UV cabinet .

I just strung up my last one , and wow, now I understand .  last nite I could't put it down . 

about an  hour in I was just listening to the sound of the violin , it was like coming out   from living in a cave all your life and understanding what life was all about .

I had connected with music spiritually on many occasions, but never connected with the actual instrument , to coin a phrase " it came to life in my hands" quite amazing.

I would like to know if this is a common experience >

so now today I will go out and see if I was just dreaming!  kevin 

Offline Emma

• Senior Moderator
  • If you can walk, you can dance.

Tenth year Anniversary Quick Poster Nineth year Anniversary
Wow, you had this experience with a violin you made yourself? I just can't imagine how incredible this must be.
I played a Stradivarius once - same kind of amazing. I wished I could play it longer.
How fabulous to own a violin that gives you that kind of response.
Eat food.  Not too much.  Mostly plants.
(Michael Pollan)

Offline kjbllc

Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Nineth year Anniversary
very cool, this is #15 the last one sounded pretty good I thought , now it sounds dead . the others were worse than the last , I have been taking a couple of classes with joe thrift and that has mad all the difference !

Offline farmerjones

• Total Badges: 27
    Search Linux User Mobile User
Aw, the one's that got away. . . . .

And bows too!

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal