Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Forum Shops

Affiliates

Become a Forum Friend and get extra permissions and DISCOUNTS from our sponsors!
plus many extra forum privileges (like 'edit post', avatars and signatures)

Author Topic: Metronomes  (Read 5515 times)

Offline Mark Cordova

• Senior Moderator
  • I've been drinking downstream from the herd again.

• Total Badges: 25
    Badges: (View All)
    Level 5 Super Combination Combination
Re:Metronomes
« Reply #25 on: Dec 17, 2003, 11:20:33 PM »
My trusty old fashioned Metronome looses a little steam when it gets close to the bottom. I set it on 120 at times and play for half an hour straight without a problem. Just take a quick break and wind her up again.

Sounds like you you have gotten down to all good choices Chuck. Buy the one that fits your budget.

Offline fiddlingaround

Tenth year Anniversary Level 5 Super Combination
« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2003, 01:45:26 AM »
Hey, I'm looking at getting one too! Dale, I have a Casio keyboard that has that rhythm stuff on it.

Is it the Casio SK1? Thats my favorite thing in the entire universe... next to my fiddle of course. Anyway, I have both a Qwik Time and a Korg, I like the Korg better, but it's about $30 whereas the Qwik time is about $15-20
« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2003, 01:46:49 AM by fiddlingaround »

Offline Jack002

Tenth year Anniversary Windows User Level 5
« Reply #27 on: Jan 06, 2004, 09:45:41 PM »
Is it the Casio SK1?
I forget what model it is.  It sure wasn't made THIS year! LOL!

Offline Richard Martin

• Total Badges: 27
« Reply #28 on: Jan 27, 2004, 02:24:25 PM »
I use a Wittner wind up metronome myself - and have to be honest picked it up at a ridiculously cheap price on e-bay - dont you just hate people being smug like this??? :)

Offline Jack002

« Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2004, 02:48:37 PM »
I use a Wittner wind up metronome myself - and have to be honest picked it up at a ridiculously cheap price on e-bay - dont you just hate people being smug like this??? :)

I bet you got it for $5 and $54 shipping, huh?  ;D ;D ;D (I know about Ebay!)

Offline Martin

• Total Badges: 24
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2004, 04:17:50 PM »
Yes Jack, that's exactly the one.

I have to admit, I can't fault it.

xan

I've got exactly the same one, and I can fault it slightly. When you turn it on it starts at 100bpm and you have to use the up or down buttons to set the speed you want - the "dial" on the front isn't really a dial at all. I find that a bit tedious.

That said, it was a fraction of the cost of a mechanical pyramid one which is about the only other choice I've seen, and it does have a built on A=440Hz bleep built in for tuning to in a pinch.

I don't practise playing with a metronome much either, but it's handy to have for getting the correct speed on pieces - especially as I'm expecting to play for dancers in a few months and it's no good playing faster than they can dance. The average age of the dancing society is 65!

Offline Jack002

« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2004, 05:11:44 PM »
Wow, that was Dec 11th when I posted that. I have that metronome now. Its ok, it was the cheapest one in the store. Its a bit of a pain to change the setting off 100, but its ok. I hope it lasts for a while. Mine didn't come with a bettery, I had to buy one. Hmmm. I've used it many times now. I like the fact it has an earplug jack and a way to mute it (only has a flashing light) if you want, so thats nice.

Jack

Offline Pilgrum

« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2004, 06:17:23 PM »
There are only a few times a month that I need or want one, and right now mine is loaned out and I'm thinking that it is time for it to come back home.  Trying to learn a waltz with 3 part harmony and the base has a bunch of dotted halfs while the 1st and 2nd parts are trying to drag my timing to hell and gone.  Need a little background counting for my first measure beat.

Get Adobe Flash player

Fiddle and Alternative Strings Forum (c) 2016 Mark Knight /
SONiC FUEL
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal